No one is busier than a real estate broker, but fitting in time to learn the latest tricks of the trade and hear from other pros in the field is paramount for continued success. For this reason, listening to podcasts is a smart way to keep your edge. Podcasts provide hands-free, on-the-go flexibility. You can do a deep listening dive while commuting, take in the info in smaller bites while working out, or listen and recharge between appointments.
The Real Estate Experts
There are thousands of podcasts out there, so to help whittle down the list to the absolute “best,” we got input from a national pool of brokers that included:
- David Roberson of Silicon Valley Property Management Group
- Bill and Diana Himmelstein of the Tenant Advisory Group
- Gene Donohue of the Donohue Group
- Christina Siamof of Keller Williams Fox Cities
- Brian Ma of Flushing Realty Group
The “Best Real Estate Podcasts” Categories
We grouped the experts’ top real estate podcast recommendations into six categories. Below, you'll find the best real estate podcasts for:
- Commercial Real Estate
- Real Estate Development
- Real Estate Investing
- Growing a Business
- Motivating Your Team
- Industry News and Trends
The podcasts we’re including on this list came up consistently among brokers as being highly informative, well-produced, motivational, and accurate. We’ve grouped them into easy-to-understand categories, but many of these podcasts fall into multiple categories. Next time you have a few free minutes and feel like upping your game, take a listen!
The Best Commercial Real Estate Podcast
- Host: Michael Bull
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | PlayerFM
- What It’s About: This is a weekly podcast with a large fan base. Host Michael Bull interviews a wide range of industry professionals, including analysts and economists who specialize in commercial real estate. Strategies for success, intel every broker can benefit from, and forecasts about trends are all front-and-center topic areas.
- Why You’ll Love It: The Himmelsteins consider this podcast a weekly obsession because it covers all kinds of commercial real estate topics, such as market trends to construction costs, tax incentives, co-working space, and the importance of social media in real estate advertising. This podcast is also a great forecasting source about what’s coming in specific cities for each commercial sector of the market.
The Best Real Estate Development Podcast
- Host: Robert Whitelaw
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | PlayerFM | Stitcher
- What It’s About: Whitelaw provides in-depth information about real estate development, goals, and wealth-building. He focuses on information of note for buyers, sellers, and investors.
- Why You’ll Love It: A broker and realtor, Whitelaw has been working in the California real estate field since the 1980s. Brokers tout his honest, no-nonsense approach to a wide range of real estate specific topics. The insider’s insider, Whitelaw brings a wealth of knowledge and a fresh take to real estate development, finance, and investing.
The Best Real Estate Investing Podcast
- BiggerPockets: Brandon Turner and David Greene
- BiggerPockets Money: Mindy Jensen and Scott Trench
- Listen On:
- What They’re About: BiggerPockets is an information hub and social network for people interested in real estate investing. The website includes a marketplace where you can raise financing, fund deals, and buy and sell properties. It also features two podcasts — “BiggerPockets” and “BiggerPockets Money.”
- “BiggerPockets” is a weekly audio show that features interviews with investors from across the U.S. It focuses on their personal journeys to success and includes tips for brokers on what to do and what not to do.
- “BiggerPockets Money” focuses on strategies for financial growth, geared toward beginners in the real estate investment field.
- Why You’ll Love Them: Roberson says he loves the “BiggerPockets” podcast because it helps him stay up-to-date on current trends in real estate investing nationwide, with a strong, specific focus on the rental property marketplace. The broad range of guests on “BiggerPockets” help to provide multifaceted approaches and opinions about the overall, national real estate property management marketplace in real time. Bill Himmelstein likes the strategies and portfolio building tips that provide in-depth info about decision-making, negotiation tactics, property management, and mistakes to avoid. He also likes that this podcast targets a broad audience, from smaller investors looking to flip a house, to large commercial landlords.
“BiggerPockets Money” is a great complementary podcast to “BiggerPockets.” It includes tips that brokers can share with their teams, to help them grow their own personal wealth, guide initial investment strategies, and support clients and future clients.
The Best Real Estate Podcasts for Growing a Business
- Host: Jared James
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher
- What It’s About: Jared James is an entrepreneur and real estate coach. His high-energy podcast focuses on behind-the-scenes motivational tips and tricks for building a multimillion-dollar brand. He produces two to four blogs a month featuring influential, national speakers.
- Why You’ll Love It: James is high-octane personified. His nuts-and-bolts approach to growing a real estate business and brand is easy to understand. His podcast is filled with information you can use to kickstart a new business or to reinvigorate an older one. Donohue recommends this podcast to all his agents. He calls James a fantastic resource for higher-level thinking about how to work in today’s market.
- Host: Pat Hiban
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher | PlayerFM
- What It’s About: This podcast it all about the nuts and bolts of building a real estate business — from finance to development to investing. There’s a strong focus on team motivation, making more sales, and nabbing higher commissions.
- Why You’ll Love It: As its title implies, this podcast series features in-depth interviews with the best and brightest in the field, ranging from seasoned pros to up-and-comers. Every aspect you can think of about real estate finance and investment strategy is covered. This is one of Siamof’s top favorites. She says she loves it because each podcast features an industry leader who provides a uniquely different perspective on how to be successful in real estate. She finds that every featured guest has something valuable to offer to the listening audience.
The 2 Best Real Estate Podcasts for Motivating Your Teams
- Hosts: Tim and Julie Harris
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Google Play | Stitcher | PlayerFM
- What It’s About: This daily, 30-minute podcast is equal parts coaching for success and real estate news. Each episode is labeled, so you can pick and choose the best fits for your team. Categories include Business Planning, Top Producers, and Mindset & Motivation.
- Why You’ll Love It: The Harrises provide up-to-the-minute info on the real estate world, combined with innovative suggestions for financial success in the field. They are also comfortable sharing tried and true motivational tips from experts. Some podcasts feature interviews, while others focus on news stories or books they’ve read. Ma says he finds their presentations to be consistently balanced: “They don’t merely pump up the bullish side of the equation. They truly try to be balanced and offer great tips to realtors.”
- Host: Jenna Kutcher
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | Stitcher
- What It’s About: A small-town Minnesota girl, Kutcher calls herself a professional napper. In reality, she’s a savvy millennial who knows how to motivate others to achieve their absolute best in business and in life. Her podcast isn’t specific to the real estate industry, but it includes smart advice and motivational information that seamlessly crosses industry borders. She’s a favorite among up-and-comers in multiple professional fields.
- Why You’ll Love It: Real and relatable, Kutcher’s podcast provides motivating info that will get your team’s juices flowing. Her powerful, business-building tips include strategies for keeping it fun, as well as profitable. This is the podcast recommendation that will let your team know you get them and understand that they’re about more than just the job. Siamof says she loves Kutcher’s positivity and her ideas on social media strategy.
The Best Real Estate Podcast for Industry News & Trends
8) Breakfast With Brokers
- Host: Lisa Troyano-Ascolese
- Listen On: Apple Podcasts | PlayerFM | Stitcher | Spotify
- What It’s About: The weekly broadcast focuses on market stats and trends in small, 15-minute bites.
- Why You’ll Love It: A newcomer to the podcast scene, “Breakfast with Brokers” is already making waves. Host Lisa Troyano-Ascolese has a quick-and-easy style, which is simple to grasp. She discusses national trends in the business and provides insight into maintaining client and team relationships. Troyano-Ascolese interviews pros in some episodes and does monologues in others.
There are almost as many real estate podcasts as there are real estate brokers, and this list is by no means exhaustive. The important thing is that you get listening! Start out with these great shows and continue to explore on your own. In this field, there’s always more to learn.