Errors & Omissions (E&O) Insurance for Media & Marketing Professionals
If you’re a media, marketing, or creative professional who works with clients, an errors and omissions (E&O) insurance policy – also known as professional liability insurance – can help protect your reputation, your business, and your wallet.
As someone who provides professional media and marketing services for clients, there’s always a risk you could be sued for a mistake or oversight. Learn how E&O insurance from Berxi can give you the financial support you need to survive a claim or lawsuit – and the peace of mind to ensure your business thrives.
What is E&O insurance for media & marketing professionals?
Errors and omissions insurance for media and marketing professionals is a type of professional liability insurance designed specifically for those who work in creative fields, such as marketing professionals, freelance content developers, graphic designers, PR professionals, and many others. If a client claims you made a costly mistake or were negligent, your E&O insurance can provide you with legal counsel to defend against claims or lawsuits, as well as the funds to pay for damages you may owe. Depending on the policy you choose, E&O insurance can also provide additional coverage to protect your reputation, reimburse you for lost wages, and defend you against any challenges to your professional license.
What does E&O insurance for media & marketing professionals cover?
If a client files a claim or lawsuit against you for an unintentional negligent act or omission, E&O insurance can cover the cost of defending yourself against the claim, as well as the damages that you may have to pay. Depending on your policy, expenses covered by a typical E&O policy might include:
• Attorneys’ fees
• Arbitration costs
• Expert testimony fees
• Court costs and costs of attending trials
• Settlement and judgment costs
• License protection (if a licensing authority investigates you)
• Wage loss for time spent on your defense
Mistakes happen, even to the best of us. Unfortunately, in the worlds of media and marketing, professional errors and negligence are a leading cause of lawsuits. Even if the error, negligent act, or failure to deliver a service as promised isn’t necessarily your fault, a client’s claim that they suffered a financial loss as a result of your mistake – for instance, a marketing or PR campaign that allegedly causes your client harm or a financial loss – could end up costing you. Fortunately, that’s exactly what E&O insurance for media and marketing professionals can protect against.
Which media, marketing, & creative services professionals need E&O insurance?
Errors and omissions insurance is a must-have for all kinds of media and marketing professionals, whether you’re a freelancer or an established business. Berxi offers E&O insurance for the following types of media, marketing, and creative professionals:
• Marketing professionals
• Web developers & social media specialists
• Graphic designers
• Copywriters & communications professionals
• PR professionals
• And many others
The costs of defending or settling even a trivial claim can be substantial. It can also create a distraction from running your business. By covering your legal defense and damages you’re required to pay, E&O insurance for media and marketing professionals can help minimize the disruptions and out-of-pocket costs that come with such claims, while supporting you through every step of the process.
Having the right E&O insurance can give you the peace of mind and confidence you need to focus on growing your business.
How much is E&O insurance for media & marketing professionals?
The cost of your E&O insurance policy will depend on:
• Your profession and business type
• Where you operate your business
• How much revenue your business generates
• Whether there are any previous claims filed against you
Because Berxi offers insurance policies directly to our customers, we’ve eliminated many of the fees typical in E&O insurance purchases. That means you’re able to save an average of 15% vs. industry standards.
Of course, the quickest and easiest way to see how much E&O insurance will cost is to compare quotes. Get a quick online insurance quote from Berxi in minutes.
What other types of insurance do media & marketing professionals need?
While E&O insurance can help protect you from lawsuits and other risks related to the professional services you provide, it won’t protect you from other risks, such as someone suffering an injury in your office, lawsuits related to a cyber attack on your business, or damage to your property. Other types of insurance you may want (or need) as a media or marketing professional include:
• General liability insurance. Covers a broad array of risks related to lawsuits filed against you, including from people who suffered an injury or property damage on your premises, or those who allege they’ve suffered personal injury, such as libel or slander.
• Workers’ compensation insurance. Often mandatory for businesses that employ others, workers’ comp insurance protects you in the event of an employee injury.
• Cyber insurance. Protects your business in the event of a cyber attack or data breach that results in losses. Depending on your needs, you may want first-party cyber insurance, which covers your losses, or third-party cyber insurance, which covers lawsuits related to losses suffered by others as a result of a cyber attack on your business.
• Commercial property insurance. Covers damage to a property you own, such as your office, as well as any tools you use in your line of work, such as office computers.
• Employment practices liability insurance. Protects against lawsuits from employees who allege they’ve suffered discrimination or wrongful termination.
Get comprehensive E&O insurance from Berxi
At Berxi, we’re making it easier and more affordable to get high-quality, comprehensive E&O insurance that’s customized to the needs of media and marketing professionals. In fact, you can save up to 15% with Berxi. And as part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, which has a financial strength rating of A++ (Superior), we have the resources and expertise to make sure you’re protected for the long term.
Key coverage features of a Berxi policy
• Comprehensive E&O coverage. Berxi offers limits of liability up to $2 million per claim and $3 million aggregate, meaning you’ll be covered for up to $3 million in settlement and defense costs during each policy period.
• Consent to settle. We work with your defense attorney to reach the best possible outcome for you, and we won't settle a claim without your approval.
• Defense for disciplinary actions. If you’re investigated by a professional regulatory organization, you’ll be covered up to $25,000 per policy period for defense.
• Wage loss/deposition expense coverage. If you’re required to attend hearings, depositions, or other proceedings, we’ll reimburse you up to $1,000 per day for lost wages and expenses.
• Optional policy add-ons, including general liability insurance and cyber insurance.
Why choose Berxi?
E&O insurance from Berxi is built to be different. We simplify the insurance process by offering top-rated coverage directly to you, all in a few clicks. We make insurance easier – easier to understand, easier to buy, and easier to afford. And we’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, so our financial stability and expertise are unmatched.
We can save you 15%
Berxi is a direct-to-customer insurer. This means we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who handle your claim. Working directly with us eliminates many fees that are typical in insurance transactions, and we pass the savings along to you. In fact, our customers save an average of 15%.
You get 24/7 online access
At Berxi, you can manage every aspect of your coverage through our easy-to-use online portal. Not only can you get a quick quote and purchase your policy in just a few clicks, but once you’ve purchased a policy, you can also access documents, update your account information, and manage your payment options online. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can do that online too.
We have world-class customer support
When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach one of our in-house product specialists who will work hard to answer all your questions. And if a claim is ever filed against you, our team will help you to navigate the claims process, every step of the way.
Claims is what we do
Berxi’s E&O policies are backed by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company, which has an A++ (Superior) financial strength rating. Our market-leading stability and claims service means we’ll have your back when you need us.
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Berxi was recommended to me by a friend at another company, and now it seems that everyone where I work has them too! The quoting process was easy… and the price is better than anywhere I've found.”
– Jeremy B.
“Completely stress-free setup and customized to my needs. So easy I didn’t even need to talk to anyone!”
– Che H.
“[My claims representative] was so compassionate. He listened and kept me informed on the status of the case. He really cared about what I was going through and reassured me that Berxi was on my side and that I didn’t need to worry.”
– Kim P.
E&O Insurance FAQs
Questions? We’re here to help. Get answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about errors and omissions insurance.
Professional Liability Insurance 101
Professional liability insurance helps reduce risk for freelancers, professionals, and others. See why insurance is important.
Common Mistakes When Buying E&O Insurance
Find out the nine most common mistakes we see customers make when shopping for errors and omissions insurance.