Frequently Asked Questions
The smart, simple choice.
Take 2 minutes and see for yourself.
Have a quote already? View your saved quote
We're following the COVID-19 developments closely and providing updates to frequently asked questions here.
Here’s how to download your policy documents:
- Visit www.berxi.com.
- Click “Sign In.”
- Log in using your username (i.e., your email) and your password.
- Under the “Policy Management” tab, select “Access your policy documents and buy additional coverage.”
- Select “Download Policy PDF.”
- Your policy PDF will download for you to open and view.
If you’d like to generate and download a certificate of insurance (COI) in your online portal, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Visit www.berxi.com.
- Click “Sign In.”
- Log in using your email address (i.e., your username) and your password.
- Select “Proof of Insurance.”
- Review your information.
- Add the name of the person or business you’re giving the certificate to/who’s requesting proof of your coverage.
- Make sure you’ve filled in all fields (i.e., “Name” and “Associated Address”).
- Click “Download Your Certificate of Insurance.”
And voilà! Once you’ve followed these steps, you should have a certificate of insurance that you can save, print, and send to the requester.
If you have any questions, or would like to have a product specialist assist you with creating one, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the requester’s information - we will send you a COI once we’re back in the office.
Regardless of whether you work in healthcare, insurance, or real estate, you should consider having your own liability insurance policy to protect your interests. Even if your employer provides coverage, here are four important things to consider:
- A fellow employee could submit a claim against you. Your company’s policy may exclude coverage for claims of one employee against another employee.
- If you’ve changed jobs and a claim is filed against you for actions while you were with your previous employer, your prior company’s policy may no longer cover you.
- Your employer’s policy may not cover your lost wages that accrue while you attend legal proceedings.
- If a number of employees are named in the same claim, your employer’s policy may not have adequate limits to protect you and your fellow employees.
Having your own policy can help you feel more comfortable if a claim is filed against you. With your own policy, you’ll have access to your own legal representation, and the resources of the policy aren’t shared among multiple insureds.
- Claims-made policies protect you from incidents that occur, or allegedly occur, before the expiration of the policy period and after the retroactive date shown on the declarations — but only if the claim is first made against you during the policy period or extended reporting period, if applicable.
- Occurrence policies protect you from any covered incident that occurs during the policy period, regardless of when a claim is filed. You could report a claim years later for an incident that happened during the policy period.
On your application, simply select the state in which you primarily practice or do the majority of your work. Your Berxi policy follows you across all 50 states (and Washington D.C.), so work performed outside of the state where you primarily practice will be insured under your policy.**
** Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary.
This policy will defend you against civil claims of sexual abuse or misconduct until such conduct is proven. However, this policy does not cover any damages, awards, or settlements arising out of these claims. If you need this kind of coverage to comply with a state or other contractual requirement, you can often buy this coverage from another insurance carrier in a separate general liability policy. And, as always, please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need further clarification.
Note: For fitness and wellness professionals, your policy excludes all coverage for sexual abuse or misconduct claims and will not provide you with legal defense.