Medical Malpractice Insurance
If you work in healthcare, you know that there's a very real possibility that you could be sued at some point in your career. Mistakes may get made, or a patient (or their family) may simply want to blame someone for a difficulty they’re having. But with medical malpractice insurance in place, you’ll get a team to protect your best interests and insurance for the expenses that result from your defense and any damages that need to be paid.Get a Quote
What Does a Berxi Malpractice Insurance Policy Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our medical malpractice insurance:**
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
How Much Does Berxi Medical Malpractice Insurance Cost?
Your malpractice insurance premium will depend on several factors, including your profession, years of experience, and past claims history. For example, a nursing student may pay as little as $14/year, while a CRNA could pay over $1,000/year.
Want to get a better idea of how much your policy could cost? Take two minutes to get a quote now. If you decide to purchase, your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.Get a Quote
Helpful, rapid, and responsive service. They patiently and courteously helped me through the nuances of all my questions!
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
We’re working to create a simpler, faster, and better insurance experience for our customers, and we think we’re the right choice for healthcare professionals. But, we also know that this is a really important decision, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are a few things that set us apart from other insurance companies:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: while we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who’re responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, buying direct from us can save you as much as 20%. (You can even get a quick quote now and see for yourself.)
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quick quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: you’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. And if claim is ever filed against you, our team will help you to navigate the claims process.
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
* "20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages.
** Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary.
*** Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary.
**** All policies are underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company.