Nursing Student Malpractice Insurance
Before you start clinicals, most nursing programs require that you have your own medical malpractice insurance. That’s where we come in. We provide affordable, top-notch insurance with no annual membership fees.
What Does a Berxi Malpractice Policy Insure Nursing Students For?
Nursing students will be insured for negligent acts and injuries caused while providing professional services.
How Much Does Nursing Student Malpractice Insurance Cost?
Nursing student malpractice policies typically start at $14 a year. That said, the best way to get an idea of what your policy would cost is by getting a quote. The process takes a minute or two, and — if you choose to purchase — your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.
I'm About to Graduate From School. What Type of Malpractice Policy Do I Need to Have as a Nursing Professional?
First off, congratulations! As you launch your new career, it’s really important that you have your own malpractice insurance in place. We offer policies for a number of nursing and advanced practice nursing professionals, including:
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
What Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
And did we mention we are often 20% less than competitors because you buy directly from us?
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
At Berxi, we’re working to create a better insurance experience for nursing students by offering affordable coverage and outstanding service. Here are a few things that set us apart:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: while we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, our customers typically save an average of 20% – and, in some cases, even more.
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
Jason was very helpful. He provided information and was very accommodating, even when I changed the type of policy. He was patient and pleasant. Great experience. Thank you.
"20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of March 2020.
Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.