Nurse Practitioner Malpractice Insurance
Things happen. Mistakes may get made, or a patient (or their family) may simply want to blame someone for a difficulty they’re having. Ultimately, it’s important to protect one of your biggest assets — your career. You can rest easy knowing that the team at Berxi will be looking into your claim and providing you with the resources to protect you.Get a Quote
What Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:**
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
How Much Does Nurse Practitioner Malpractice Insurance Cost?
Malpractice policies for nurse practitioners typically start at around $779 per year. That said, the actual cost of your policy will depend on a number of factors, including — but not limited to — your years of experience, education, state(s) in which you work, and time spent on the job.**
Want to get a better idea of how much your actual policy could cost? Take two minutes and get a quote. If you decide to purchase, your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.Get a Quote
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
Does a Berxi Policy Cover Nurse Practitioners Who Work in Different Locations?
Yes, we cover you if you work in different cities and states. On the application, simply select the state in which you primarily practice or do the majority of your work. Your Berxi policy follows you across all 50 states (and Washington D.C.), so work performed outside the state where you primarily practice will be covered under your policy.**
Does a Berxi Malpractice Policy Cover My Teaching?
Yes. Under your Berxi insurance policy, you’re covered for your part-time teaching at a community college/university or healthcare facility while you practice as an NP.**Get a Quote
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
At Berxi, we’re working to create a better insurance experience for nurse practitioners by offering affordable coverage and outstanding service. Here are a few things that set us apart:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: While we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, buying direct from us can save you as much as 20%. (Get a quick quote now and see for yourself.)
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
Helpful, rapid, and responsive service. They patiently and courteously helped me through the nuances of all my questions!
* "20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of March 2020.
Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.