Nurse Malpractice Insurance for RNs & LPNs/LVNs
Things happen. Mistakes may get made, or a patient (or their family) may simply want to blame someone for a difficulty they’re having. Ultimately, it’s important to protect one of your biggest assets — your career. You can rest easy knowing that the team at Berxi will be looking into your claim and providing you with the resources to protect you.
Still in nursing school? Check out our student nurses page to learn more.
What Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
How Much Does Nursing Malpractice Insurance Cost?
Nurse malpractice insurance typically starts at around $68 per year. That said, the actual cost of your policy will depend on a number of factors, including your years of experience, education, state(s) in which you work, and time spent on the job.
Want to get a better idea of how much your policy could cost? Take 2 minutes and get a quote now. If you decide to purchase, your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.
Do You Provide Coverage for Me While I Go Back to Nursing School?
Yes, we do. There are two ways to do this. If you’d like coverage as an RN and as a student, you can simply purchase an RN policy and we can add a student endorsement to it. But if you prefer coverage only as a student, we also offer a variety of student policies that start at about $14 per year.
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Nursing Malpractice Insurance?
At Berxi, we’re working to create a better insurance experience for RNs and LPNs/LVNs by offering affordable coverage and outstanding service. Here are a few things that set us apart:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: While we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, our customers typically save an average of 20% – and, in some cases, even more.
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
Jason was very helpful. He provided information and was very accommodating, even when I changed the type of policy. He was patient and pleasant. Great experience. Thank you.
"20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of March 2020.
Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.