Occupational Therapist Malpractice Insurance
Things happen. Mistakes may get made, or a patient (or their family) may simply want to blame someone for a difficulty they’re having. Ultimately, it’s important to protect one of your biggest assets — your career. You can rest easy knowing that the team at Berxi will be looking into your claim and providing you with the resources to protect you.
What Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
How Much Does Occupational Therapist Malpractice Insurance Cost?
OT malpractice insurance policies start at about $150 a year. However, the price of your particular policy will depend on a number of different factors, including — but not limited to — where you work, how often you work, and how many years of experience you have.
The best way to get an idea of what your policy would cost is by getting a quote. The process takes a minute or two, and — if you choose to purchase — your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
I Work in Different Locations (e.g., Office, School, or Facility). Does the Berxi Policy Cover Me Everywhere?
Yes, your policy does follow you. If you practice in more than one state, here’s what you’ll need to do: on your application, simply select the state in which you primarily practice or do the majority of your work. Your Berxi policy follows you across all 50 states (and Washington D.C.), so work performed outside of your primary state will be covered under your policy.
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
We’re working to create a simpler, faster, and better insurance experience for our customers, and we think we’re the right choice for occupational therapists. But, we also know that this is a really important decision, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are a few things that set us apart from other insurance companies:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: while we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, our customers typically save an average of 20% – and, in some cases, even more.
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
Professional, friendly, efficient! Can't ask for more.
"20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of March 2020.
Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.