Physical Therapist Malpractice Insurance
Improving lives by optimizing movement and function – it’s what you do best. But, things happen. Physical therapists can get sued – either as an individual or in a group claim involving the doctors, nurses, and therapists who were working with one patient. Ultimately, you want to protect yourself, your business, and your career. With medical malpractice insurance in place, you’ll get a team to protect your best interests and insurance for the expenses that result from your defense and any damages that need to be paid.Get a Quote
What Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:**
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
How Much Does Physical Therapist Malpractice Insurance Cost?
PT malpractice policies start at $150 a year. The final cost depends on a number of factors, including — but not limited to — how much coverage you want, where you practice, and your experience, education, and time spent on the job.**
The best way to get an accurate idea of what your policy would cost is by filling out our quick online application to get a quote. The process takes a minute or two, and — if you choose to purchase — your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.Get a Quote
Helpful, rapid, and responsive service. They patiently and courteously helped me through the nuances of all my questions!
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
We’re working to create a simpler, faster, and better insurance experience for our customers, and we think we’re the right choice for physical therapists. But, we also know that this is a really important decision, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are a few things that set us apart from other insurance companies:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: While we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, buying direct from us can save you as much as 20%. (Get a quick quote now and see for yourself.)
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include Coverage for My Work as a Personal Trainer?
Yes, your work as a personal trainer is covered, as long as it's within the scope of your services as a PT. If you want coverage as a personal trainer outside of your work as a PT, call us at 833.24.BERXI (833.242.3794) and one of our product specialists can help you.**
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
* "20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages.
** Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary.
*** Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary.
**** All policies are underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company.