Professional Liability Insurance for Counselors
As a mental health counselor, you wouldn’t dream of putting one of your clients in harm's way. However, malpractice claims do happen — and they can cost a significant amount of money to defend against, even if you ultimately prevail. That’s when your professional liability insurance (also known as "medical malpractice insurance") could step in to provide you with the resources you need to protect your career and reputation.
Having malpractice insurance is like having an extra lock on the door or a spare tire in your trunk: it’s something you hope you never need to use, but you feel better knowing that you have it — just in case.
What Does Berxi Professional Liability Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
And did we mention we are often 20% less than competitors because you buy directly from us?
Does Berxi Offer Malpractice Insurance for My Entire Practice?
Wondering if you can insure the team of counselors, therapists, social workers, and psychologists in your practice? The answer is yes! Call us at 833.24.BERXI (833.242.3794) and we’ll be there to discuss your insurance needs.
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
We’re working to create a simpler, faster, and better insurance experience for our customers. While we think we’re the right choice for mental health counselors, we also know that this is a really important decision, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are a few things that set us apart from other insurance companies:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: While we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, our customers typically save an average of 20% – and, in some cases, even more.
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
We started Berxi because we believe that we can make insurance better, faster, and more affordable by offering you a direct connection with an insurance company that cares about your needs. That means that you buy directly from us and you talk directly to us. We know you expect fast, seamless results from a company that really understands you — and that emphasis on technology, compassion, and customer satisfaction is all built into the Berxi mission.
"20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of March 2020.
Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.