As an independent contractor or small business owner, you need protection from actions and lawsuits brought against you by clients, other businesses, or even your peers. In these instances, your professional liability insurance — also known as errors & omissions (E&O) insurance — can step in to defend you, protect you, and potentially pay any settlements.
With E&O insurance from Berxi™, you can feel comfortable knowing that if you face a claim, our team will work to protect you and your reputation.
What Does Berxi E&O Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our E&O policies:
- Customized deductibles
- Flexible limits (depending on your needs)
- Qualified payment plans
- No hidden service fees
- 24 / 7 digital access to your account
How Much Does Berxi E&O Insurance Cost?
A Berxi policy with limits of $1 million/$3 million starts at about $480/year. However, the cost of your own policy will depend on a number of factors, including your particular profession, your location, how much revenue your business generates, and any previous claims filed against you.
The best way to get an idea of what your policy would cost is by getting a quote. The process takes a few minutes, and — if you choose to purchase — your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including today.
What's Covered Under a Berxi E&O Policy?
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My E&O Insurance?
We’re working to create a simpler, faster, and better insurance experience for our customers. But, we also know that this is a really important decision, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are a few things that set us apart from other insurance companies:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: while we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who’re responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. (In fact, our customers save an average of 15%.)
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quick quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: you’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. And if claim is ever filed against you, our team will help you to navigate the claims process.
We started Berxi because we believe that we can make insurance better, faster, and more affordable by offering you a direct connection with an insurance company that cares about your needs. That means that you buy directly from us and you talk directly to us. We know you expect fast, seamless results from a company that really understands you — and that emphasis on technology, compassion, and customer satisfaction is all built into the Berxi mission.
* "15% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of June 2020. Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditional upon receipt and approval of a user's request for quote. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.