Professional Liability Insurance for Optometrists
Just like any healthcare professional, optometrists want to have professional liability insurance (also referred to as medical malpractice insurance) in case someone accuses them of acting negligently or files a malpractice claim against them. If you ever find yourself in that position, you'll likely want to have legal counsel and funds available to resolve the matter. Having your own dedicated malpractice policy can help to relieve much of this burden.Get a Quote
What Does Berxi Malpractice Insurance Include?
Here are some noteworthy features of our malpractice policies:**
- Occurrence and claims-made policy options
- Don’t know the difference between the two? No worries! We wrote an article that breaks it all down for you.
- Legal defense outside the limits of liability
- This means that money spent on your defense won’t be deducted from your insurance limits — so if you have a $1 million limit, you’ll still have $1 million to pay for any settlements or damages.
- Flexible deductible options, including $0 deductibles
- Flexible insurance limits based on your needs
- Convenient payment plans for select policies
- Customizable tail coverage options for customers with claims-made policies
How Much Does Optometry Malpractice Insurance Cost?
Optometry malpractice insurance policies typically start at around $500 a year and go up to about $1,000 a year. That said, the actual cost of your policy will depend on a number of factors, including:
- How much coverage or limits of insurance you want
- Where you practice
- Your level of experience and education
- How many hours a week you work
The best way to get an idea of what a malpractice policy would cost is by getting a quote. The process takes a minute or two, and — if you choose to purchase — your policy can go into effect any day you’d like, including the day you purchase.Get a Quote
What's Covered Under a Berxi Medical Malpractice Policy?
Automatic Coverage Extensions
Additional A La Carte Coverage
Does Berxi Offer Malpractice Insurance for My Entire Practice?
Wondering if you can insure the other optometrists in your practice? The answer is yes! Call us at 833-24-BERXI (833-242-3794) and we’ll be there to discuss your insurance needs.
Why Should I Choose Berxi for My Malpractice Insurance?
We’re working to create a simpler, faster, and better insurance experience for our customers, and we think we’re the right choice for optometrists. But, we also know that this is a really important decision, so we want to make sure you have all the information you need. Here are a few things that set us apart from other insurance companies:
- We’re part of Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Company. You could say that we’ve got the best of both worlds: While we’re as flexible as a start-up, we also have the financial stability to make sure we’re around for the long term.
- We’re a direct-to-customer model. This means that we’re not just the people who sell you an insurance policy – we’re also the people who are responsible for handling your claim. There’s no one in the middle; it’s just us and you. Plus, working directly with us eliminates fees that are typical in insurance transactions. In fact, buying direct from us can save you as much as 20%. (Get a quick quote now and see for yourself.)
- We’re digital. You can go onto our website to get a quote, buy a policy, and download your certificate of insurance – all in the exact same day. And if you ever need to file a claim, you can also do that digitally, too.
- We’re here for our customers. When you call our support line, you won’t have to navigate through an endless phone tree or argue with a robot: You’ll reach a real-life human being who’ll work hard to answer all your questions. Being a customer-first company is part of our mission — and we have a great reputation for it.
We started Berxi because we believe that we can make insurance better, faster, and more affordable by offering you a direct connection with an insurance company that cares about your needs. That means that you buy directly from us and you talk directly to us. We know you expect fast, seamless results from a company that really understands you — and that emphasis on technology, compassion, and customer satisfaction is all built into the Berxi mission.
* "20% savings" is based on industry pricing averages as of March 2020.
Subject to terms and conditions of the policy. Quote and issuance of a policy are conditioned upon receipt and approval of the following 1) Practice Location; 2) Profession / Specialty; 3) Employment Status; 4) Coverage Type; 5) Hours Worked; and 6) Prior Claims Activity. Final pricing and terms of coverage may vary. Terms, pricing, and coverage may vary. Products not available in all states.