As the COVID-19 pandemic rages on -- and you continue to play an invaluable role in curbing its spread -- it's become absolutely essential that you find ways to practice self-care whenever and wherever you can. (I know: easier said than done, right?) To help you out, we've put together a list of all the companies and organizations that are offering special deals, services, and discounts for first responders and healthcare workers. We've organized the deals and discounted services that are available to COVID-19 responders along the following categories:
- Digital Entertainment & Internet Deals
- Fitness Deals
- Wellness & Support Deals
- Shopping Deals
Keep in mind that these deals are subject to change, but we'll do our best to keep this article as up-to-date as possible.
Nurses Week 2022
- Amazon: Enjoy four free downloads of medical dramas.
- All Seasons Uniform: 20% off all scrubs, lab coats and other medical apparel. Just use code NURSE20.
- Chipotle: 2,000 healthcare workers will win free Chipotle for a year. Head over to Chipotle's social feeds to nomiate a colleague and learn more.
- Figs: Celebrating nurses with some of their favorite gear -- at a discount. Get 20% off during Nurses Week
Digital Entertainment, Internet, & Phone Deals
- Comcast: Comcast is making a whole range of Xfinity, NBCUniversal, and Sky programming and services available for you to take advantage of, including:
- Free Access to NBCUniversal News Networks: "NBCUniversal has made MSNBC and CNBC available, in partnership with its distribution partners, to all their video customers, regardless of the packages to which they subscribe."
- Free On Demand Content for Xfinity Customers: "Comcast made the on demand catalogs from a series of premium networks and subscription video on demand services available free for its Xfinity X1 and Flex customers to enjoy, including over 63,000 hours of free movies and television shows over the course of four months."
- Internet Essentials Service Package Free to New Customers: "ThroughJune 2021, eligible new customers can sign up to receive 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is the nation’s largest, most comprehensive internet adoption program for low-income households."
- Virtual Tools for Businesses: "Comcast Business is supporting customers as they begin to run their businesses from home, providing free trials of apps and services including virtual project management, business text messaging, and collaboration tools that will help them stay productive and secure."
- Xfinity Educational Resources: "Xfinity, in partnership with Common Sense Media, created an education destination for Xfinity video customers to give children and parents quick and easy access to educational programming by grade level."
- Netflix: The streaming platform launched Netflix Party, a new way to synchronize video playback and add group chat with your friends to Netflix content on Chrome browsers for laptop and desktop computers.
- Ring: Ring provides smart home security devices and services. The company is offering 20% off all purchases for essential workers.
- Verizon Wireless: Verizon Wireless is offering nurses and their families unlimited plans starting at $30/line with 4 lines.
You can't expect to take good care of others if you don't take care of yourself first. Here some great deals and services we've found that will help you stay healthy.
- 305 Fitness: You can access free dance cardio workouts from 305 Fitness on YouTube.
- CorePower Yoga: CorePower Yoga's offering free access to a collection of on-demand classes via the CorePower Yoga On Demand site. If you'd like unlimited access to their 300+ classes, you'll need to start a 7-day free trial.
- The National Park Service: The National Park Service is keeping outdoor spaces open wherever possible. They’re keeping an updated list of park closures and openings here.
- Nike Training Club App: Get free workouts by professional trainers on the app. If you'd like, you can also upgrade to a premium account for advanced workouts.
- &Pizza: Free food for healthcare workers via their Hero Pies fundraising program. The company raises money all year and uses the funds to provide freebies to healthcare workers.
- Outback Steakhouse: Get 10% off your bill using the Heroes Discount. And it's not available online, but it is available all year!
- Texas de Brazil: 15% off for service members, law enforcement, nurses, EMS and teachers. Learn more.
Wellness & Support Deals
- AAA: AAA is offering first responders free roadside assistance through the Auto Club App or call 1-800-400-4222.
- BetterHelp: BetterHelp is a telehealth platform that offers people access to mental health services with licensed and vetted counselors. They're currently offering 50% off your first month of counseling.
- Headspace: Headspace is a meditation service that is currently offering 7-14 day free trials.
- Home Chef: Home Chef is a meal kit and food delivery service. Healthcare workers recieve 50% off their first meal and 10% off all future orders.
- Owala: Owala is a water bottle company that's offering a one-time 15% off discount for healthcare providers.
- Talkspace: Talkspace is another telehealth platform specifically focused on providing online mental health services. Currently, they're offering $80 off if you use the code GOAL.
- Theragun: Theragun is offering a special discount for first responders and medical professionals where you can get 20% off any regularly priced Theragun device or TheraOne CBD product.
- Wysa: Wysa is self-described "stress, depression, and anxiety therapy chatbot." Currently, they're offering free AI chat and self-care tool packs for anxiety and isolation support through the COVID-19 crisis.
- Adidas: Get 30% off in-store and online. And 20% in factory stores. Just verify your nurse status with Id.me first.
- Asics: Asics is offering 40% off all full-priced products on their website once you verify your status as a healthcare professional.
- Brooklyn Bedding: Medical professionals get 25% off all purchases and free shipping.
- Calvin Klein: Calvin Klein is offering 20% off online purchases if you verify your status as a medical professional through ID.me.
- Dagne Dover: Healthcare workers can get 20% off when they buy any Dagne Dover bags, backpacks, or wallets.
- KIND Snacks: KIND Snacks KIND Snacks offers essential workers 15% off all purchases.
- Levi’s: Levi’s is offering healthcare workers 25% off all purchases.
- L.L. Bean: L.L. Bean is offering healthcare workers a 15% discount on all purchases.
- LuluLemon: 15% off for military and first responders.
- Madewell: Madewell is offering 15% off for first responders and healthcare workers.
- Merrell: Merrell is offering all healthcare workers and medical professionals a 20% discount on purchases made through the website.
- Nike: Healthcare workers can get 10% off "most items" on their website.
- Puma: Puma is offering healthcare workers 20% off their orders.
- __ Rothy's:__ 20% discount on women's men's and kids shoes.
- Reebok: Reebok is offering healthcare workers a 30% off "Heroes Discount."
- ThirdLove: ThirdLove is offering healthcare workers a 15% discount on all bras and underwear.
- Under Armor: Healthcare workers can get 20% off all purchases on underarmor.com.
- Vineyard Vines: Vineyard Vines is offering medical professionals a 15% discount on purchases.
Originally published on March 23, 2020.
Updated on May 3rd, 2022.