Like most of us, social media probably plays a big part in your everyday life. Between Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter, it can be hard to keep up. And sometimes it can take up a lot of your time. But there are many positive reasons to engage in social media, such as seeing your friends, getting up - to - date news, and advancing your career. Yes, that’s not a joke. There are a lot of PTs online helping other PTs grow a business, develop an area of focus, stay on top of work challenges, etc. And, they might even give you an idea of how you can be an influencer.
The 7 Best Instagram PT Accounts on Instagram
- Handle: @MikeReinold
- Website/Podcast: MikeReinold.com and a podcast called “The Ask Mike Reinold Show”
- Description: With over 10 years of experience in physical therapy, athletic training, and performance enhancing, Reinold takes his “grow and become better” strategy to help you be a better physical therapist or personal trainer. While he pitches his courses, podcast and mentorship circle, he also uses IG to discuss performance therapy and training, show how he performs specific evaluations, and highlight trends he’s seeing (i.e a rise in Batter’s Shoulder).
- Handle: @TheSportsPhysio_
- Description: As a sports clinical specialist and the Director of Rehabilitation for DC United, Cogen provides easy - to - follow videos that help anyone from athletes to the everyday person learn exercises that help care for the body and strength - train specific areas. With his “Why This?” and “What’s This For” video series, you can get ideas to help your own client - athletes grow stronger. His profile even breaks up the content based on training needed for different sports.
- Handle: @pelvicsanity and @nicolecozeandpt
- Website: PelvicSanity.com and The Pelvic PT Rising Podcast
- Description: If you see patients with pelvic floor dysfunction and/or pelvic pain, this is who you will want to follow. Focusing on “finding the why” behind patient symptoms behind low back pain, recurring UTIs, constipation, urinary urgency, and many other conditions that commonly come pre and post pregnancy, Cozeand is an entrepreneur and trailblazer for pelvic strengthening and therapies. She’s also a business owner helping other PTs and female business owners reach their dreams.
- Handle: @BobbySportsPT
- Website: ImpactSportsPT.com
- Description: Not just another strength and conditioning specialist and sports performance coach, Esbrandt was one of the first two clinical providers in the state of Maryland to receive a certification in blood flow restriction (BFR) training. The owner of Impact Sports, focusing on rehab and sports performance, he offers regular videos to help build strength -- and prevent injury. A Doctor of PT, Esbrandt is an expert in spinal manipulation, cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine dysfunctions.
- Handle: @Dr.Lisa.DPT
- Website: DrLisaDPT.com
- Description: Want to train more runners? Dr Lisa is the one to follow. After recuperating from an injury while participating in a half marathon, Dr. Lisa realized that she could help runners like herself recover from running injuries by incorporating mobility and strength training during their rehabilitation. This method allowed her patients to become stronger faster for more extended periods. Her profile helps other PTs understand different training methods for helping patients achieve a pain - free runner’s life.
- Handle: @ThisPTLife
- Website: InTheHeartStories.com
- Description: As a former nurse who became a PT, Velasquez’s IG stories, about her journey through PT school and how mental health plays a significant role in a person’s recovery and everyday life. She also focuses on her journey of being an immigrant, getting her doctorate, and gaining financial independence.
- Handle: @DrSalako
- Website: SalakoFitness.com
- Description: Salako is a sports rehabilitation physical therapist and the CEO of Salako Fitness, an author, and a mental health advocate. He teaches patients to become better versions of themselves by properly eating, exercising, and using body mechanics to obtain their fitness goals. The same education that he provides to his patients, he teaches PT students so that when they become PTs they are able to use different methods when caring for their patients. He was also featured by ABC News, where he speaks about his journey to the United States from Nigeria to have a better life and reach his educational goals of becoming a doctor of physical therapy.
The 3 Best PT Accounts on Twitter
- Handle: @DrJarodHallPT
- Website: ModernPainCare.com
- Description: Hall is not only a physical therapist but is an internationally known lecturer and blogger. As co-owner of Modern Pain Care, an institute that teaches practicing physical therapists how to utilize modern science to help patients decrease pain while building strength for proper body rehabilitation.
- Handle: @DrJoshFunk
- Podcast: R2P Academy
- Website: https://Rehab2Perform.com
- Description: Funk became interested in physical therapy after undergoing physical rehabilitation following a sports injury. His passion has always been to provide rehabilitative services, as well as preventive services to adults and athletes. In 2016, he founded Rehab - 2 - Perform, a physical therapy practice that is more of a fitness center and athletic training room that focuses on making patients stronger and better educated on how to maintain an improved state. These techniques are used by PT students and other PTs in their specialties.
- Handle: @JasonSilvernail
- Podcast: Soma Simple
- Published articles: ResearchGate.com
- Description: Silvernail is an active U.S. Army military officer and a practicing orthopedic physical therapist, for more than 20 years. In these 20 years, Silvernail has been a researcher and has had a number of articles published in quite a few renowned medical journals. With all that Silvernail does, he has an active presence online where he engages with readers. He works with a variety of patients who have chronic pain, neurological problems, and conditioning issues, and provides these educational techniques to PT students and other PTs to use on their patients.
The 2 Best PT Accounts on LinkedIn
- Connections: >500
- Podcast: Healthy, Wealthy and Smart
- Website: KarenLitzy.com
- Description: Litzy is the owner and founder of Karen Litzy Physical Therapy, which provides physical therapy to patients in the office or the comfort of their own homes. She is an experienced physical therapist specializing in sports medicine, injury prevention, spine, and manual therapy, and her techniques are available through her website for other physical therapists to see and learn from. Her main goals are to help patients get stronger, move better, and remain pain - free while being active.
- Connections: >500
- Followers: 600
- Website: Communi8.com
- Description: Hannah combines advanced manual therapy with strength and conditioning techniques that improve movement while allowing patients to have greater physical performance. He also creates physical therapy graphics that easily break down physical therapy best practices, which can be printed out for use.
If you are interested in becoming a physical therapist, already are one, or just want to learn proper body mechanics, this list will give you a glimpse of the PT influencers who are making a difference in the everyday life of people all over the world.